This refreshing Watermelon and Jicama Salad recipe is perfect for the summer time! It is both raw vegan and oil-free and full of delicious goodness!
The flavor combination of the sweet watermelon and the mild flavor of the jicama root balances out nicely in this recipe! The following are the ingredients that you will need:
-6 cups watermelon, chopped into 1-inch squares
-2 cups jicama, peeled and chopped into 1-inch squares
-1/4 cup red onions, diced
-1/2 cup fresh arugula, lightly chopped
-2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
-1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
-1 tablespoon lime juice
Combine the watermelon, jicama, onions, herbs, and salt in a large mixing bowl. For the dressing, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and lightly toss. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Watermelon & Jicama Salad
- 6 cups watermelon chopped into 1-inch squares
- 2 cups jicama peeled and chopped into 1-inch squares
- 1/4 cup red onions diced
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula lightly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine watermelon, jicama, onions, herbs, and salt in a large mixing bowl. For the dressing, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and lightly toss. Serve immediately.
Looking for more delicious and healthy plant-based recipes? Check out my recipe book that has over 160 nutritious low-fat and oil-free recipes that are both simple and tasty!