Theses delicious raw vegan chocolate covered strawberries that are both low-fat and oil-free, are perfect for any occasion! The whole recipe only requires 5 ingredients and is quick and easy to make!
Any blender will work for this recipe, but using a high-speed blender is optimal to ensure a smooth consistency of the chocolate sauce. For the chocolate sauce, you will blend together the following ingredients:
-1 cup water
-1 cup medjool dates (pre-soaked for at least 30 minutes)
-1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre-soaking the dates is important if you are using a regular blender. If you are using a high-speed blender, then you don’t have to necessarily soak the dates, though it does help with the blending process.
After you’ve blended up your chocolate sauce, then you’re ready to start dipping!
Then place each strawberry on a baking sheet or tray and then sprinkle with some shredded coconut. You want to then refrigerate the strawberries for approximately 1 hour to let the chocolate set. The chocolate might even set earlier than an hour, so you can check every 20 minutes or so if you’re not wanting to wait too long to dive into these sweet treats!
Raw Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Low-Fat, Oil-Free
- 20 strawberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut for garnish optional
- 1 cup medjool dates pre-soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all the ingredients for the chocolate sauce in a high-speed blender until you have reached a smooth consistency.
- Dip strawberries in the chocolate and lay flat on a baking sheet. Garnish with shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour. Serve!
You will have extra chocolate sauce left, so use the extra chocolate to dip various other fresh and dried fruits, such as pineapples, oranges, and dried apricots! Enjoy!
Looking for more ideas for delicious and healthy plant-based recipes? Then check out my recipe book that has over 160 nutritious and low-fat recipes that are both tasty and good for you!