This delicious vegan Spanish rice recipe is free of salt, oil, sugar, and gluten and is so simple to make in the Instant Pot! Enjoy making an easy side dish for you and your family with this tasty recipe!
Even though this recipe uses an Instant Pot, you can easily make this Spanish rice in your rice cooker or in a large pot. Just combine all ingredients and cook for the same length of time that it would take you to cook your rice in a rice cooker or pot.
With the Instant Pot, this recipe is so easy and simple to make! First, you’ll start sauteing the onions and garlic by setting the mode to “Saute”. Saute for approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Then combine the rest of the ingredients and set the top knob to “Sealing”. Set to “Manual” on “High” pressure. Then set the time for 20 minutes.
After the rice has finished cooking and the Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally for approximately 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure by turning the top knob to “Venting”. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve!
Vegan Spanish Rice: SOS-Free, Gluten-Free (Instant Pot)
- 1 3/4 cup no-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (no salt added) include the juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to "Saute". Saute the onions and garlic for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in the Instant Pot. Set the top knob to "Sealing". Then press "Manual". Set the pressure to "High". Then set the time for 20 minutes.
- After the rice is finished cooking and the Instant Pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for approximately 10 minutes.
- Release the remaining pressure by turning the top knob to "Venting". Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
Looking for more delicious and healthy plant-based recipes? Check out my recipe book that has over 160 nutritious low-fat and oil-free recipes that are both simple and tasty!