This cheesy vegan cauliflower casserole is a perfect side dish to any meal. It’s both healthy and tasty, which makes it great to bring to parties, potlucks, and barbecues!
For this recipe, you will need a high-speed blender for the “cheese” sauce. Other than that, the ingredients are nice and simple, which makes this dish so easy to make! The full recipe is found on the following recipe card. Enjoy!
Cheesy Vegan Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 cup raw cashews pre-soaked for approximately 2 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Steam the cauliflower until just tender for approximately 7 to 10 minutes. You can also boil the cauliflower until just tender for approximately 5 minutes. Drain well. Set aside.
- For the cheese sauce, blend all the sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender until you've reached a smooth consistency.
- Mix together the cheese sauce with the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes until the breadcrumbs are light brown. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve.
Looking for more delicious and healthy plant-based recipes? Check out my recipe book that has over 160 nutritious low-fat and oil-free recipes that are both simple and tasty!