This butternut squash soup is so light and tasty! This quick and easy oil-free recipe makes this soup easy to prepare and is perfect for the fall season!
All you need for this recipe is an instant pot, a high-speed blender, and some delicious bread to go with the soup and you’re all set for a warm and tasty meal! Enjoy!
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cayenne to taste
- Heat 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth in a large pot.
- Add onions and sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the rest of the vegetable broth and almond milk, cover, bring to a boil.
- Add in butternut squash, carrots, sea salt, and pepper.
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove soup from heat and let cool.
- Puree in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Place soup back in pot and heat for another couple of minutes. Serve.