This vegan stuffed tofu turkey recipe is great for the holidays or any special occasion! I use to buy the Stuffed Tofurky in the super market, but this is so much more tasty! It also comes out to a pretty good size, which can easily feed up to 6 people.
You want to start off by water sauteing the vegetables for the stuffing. Then add in the vegetable broth and breadcrumbs. Stir everything until nice and moist, but not too mushy. Set aside.
Next, blend the tofu turkey ingredients in a food processor and blend until you’ve reached a smooth consistency.
You want to then line a bowl with parchment paper. Spread 3/4 of the tofu turkey mixture in and around the lined bowl. Then fill the bowl with the stuffing mixture. Cover the top of the bowl with the remaining tofu mixture. Place bowl in the oven for approximately 1 hour at 350 degrees F. While the tofu turkey is baking, mix the baste ingredients together. Take out the tofu turkey after 1 hour. Baste the tofu turkey and place back in the oven for approximately 30 more minutes. Enjoy!
Vegan Stuffed Tofu Turkey
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups dried bread cubes
Tofu Turkey Ingredients
- 3 blocks extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 ounces nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- In a large pan, add in 1 cup of the vegetable broth and sauté the vegetables over medium-heat for approximately 5 minutes. Add in the seasonings and stir. Stir in the dried bread and add in the remaining vegetable broth until the bread is moistened but not mushy. Set aside.
- Blend all of the tofu turkey ingredients in a food processor until you've reached a smooth consistency. Place 3/4 of the tofu mixture in a large glass bowl that is lined with parchment paper. Spread out the mixture along the bottom and sides of the bowl. Place the stuffing mixture in the middle of the bowl and cover up with the remaining tofu mixture. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- As the tofu is baking, mix together all the baste ingredients in a small bowl. After the tofu turkey has finished baking, apply the mixture around the whole tofu and place back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Let cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!